Elea Chang, Founder & organizer
Elea is a user experience designer turned community organizer who’s been volunteering with nonprofits for over 18 years. In 2013, she moved from the San Francisco Bay Area to Portland to pursue a full career in social impact. Elea previously worked for Upworthy and Idealist.org and is currently board president for tech diversity nonprofit Stumptown Syndicate.
Alfie Padilla, Content Committee
Alfie is transitioning from 4 years of social activist work into game development. They work with Pixel Arts to teach children about coding and designing games, particularly in underserved areas. Alfie is a proud person of color, actor, and stage performer.
Nadia Gathers, Content Committee
Nadia is the Internal Communications Manager at Github and an intersectional design thinking facilitator hailing from the d.school. In their spare time, they are a mental health advocate, occasional stage-talker, and aspiring novelist. Nadia helps people talk to each other.
Gabriela Rodriguez Beron, Code of Conduct Lead
Gaba grew up in Uruguay before moving to the US and founded DATA, an open data non-profit in South America. She has been heavily involved at Coral Project, building tools and guides to improve community spaces around journalism online. Currently, Gaba facilitates the Internet Freedom Festival in Valencia, Spain, and consults as a software engineer for social impact organizations. She is a feminist, activist, and mom to two kids.
We've Got Press!
- Disability Visibility Project, July 2017
- Allied Media Projects, July 2017
- Portland Monthly, June 2017
- KBOO Evening News, April 2017
- Silicon Florist, Feb 2017
- Oregon Public Broadcasting, Sept 2016
- XRAY.fm, Sept 2016 (live)
- People of Color in Tech, July 2016
- Shop Talk Podcast, June 2016
- Model View Culture, June 2016 (print edition)
- Smashing Mag, June 2016
- Silicon Florist, Mar 2016
- Impact Design Hub, Mar 2016